In 2018 we will be offering Dance Classes at QMC. Our new Dance teacher is Helen Balfour who comes to us with a great deal of experience and expertise.
Classes will be available in two formats:
- group lessons: these will be held during the afternoons on Wednesdays in small groups of four students. These are small group classes aimed to improve dancers technical competence and extend flexibility, style and performance qualities. Classes will also focus on making your own dances using choreographic skills to culminate in a performance for an invited audience. Classes will run for 50 minutes and will be scheduled on a rotating basis from 1/40 through to 3.30. Students from years 5-10 can register for these classes and cost will be $20 per class.
- Dance ensembles: these will be held at lunchtime on Wednesdays for years 5-8 and after school on Wednesdays for years 9-13. Explore dance and choreography in this class. Learn how to express yourself and ideas through contemporary dance and physical theatre (years 5-8) and contemporary dance/hip-hop/cultural dances (years 9-13). Have fun as a group creating your own dances that will be shared with an audience in a performance at the end of term. Wednesdays 12.45-1.40 and 3.30-5pm. Cost will be $10 per class
- Registration is for a full term: notice may only be given at the end of a term.
- Classes missed for personal reasons are chargeable
- Classes missed through compulsory attendance at school functions (eg school trips) are not chargeable, but you must inform your tutor at least 24 hours in advance.